Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mandy Moore's clothing line "Mblem" is closing down




Mandy Moore's clothing line "Mblem" is shutting down. The contemporary label launched three years ago. Part of the fashion line profits go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Her "Mblem" contained basic tees, dresses, tops and accessories.

I have not seen her "Mblem" but it is sad to hear that she is closing it down. Though it is good to know that part of her profits proceeds to charity. Our economy crisis affects everyone. Families facing foreclosure of their homes, companies are downsizing or closing down and layoffs. I love Mandy as a singer-song writer-designer . So I will support whatever happens to her. For now she will concentrate on her music career. She said her fashion is not yet over and she still hopes to try it again someday.

“I love the fashion world. I’m fascinated by it. I’m humbled by it,” she said tells WWD. “If I were to dip my toe back in there, it would have to be the right situation… a great partnership that could represent a true reflection of me and my ideas and you know that wasn’t happening. So next go round, that needs to be top of the list.”




0 comments on "Mandy Moore's clothing line "Mblem" is closing down"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin