Saturday, February 07, 2009

claire danes and hugh dancy engagement


Claire Danes, 29 and Hugh Dancy,33 announced exclusively their engagement to People. They're dating for almost two years and now they are ready to further strengthen their relationship by getting married. I hope they will be a happy couple.

I remembered Claire in her movies Romeo and Juliet with Leonardo Dicarpio. I really like that movie. And also in the movie "Stardust" and "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machine". But I wont forget the nasty comment she made when she was in the Philippines, filming the movie Brokedown Palace. She was in Manila to shoot some scenes in a dilapidated hospital. In her interview with Vogue, she described Manila as "ghastly and weird city." She was also quoted saying Manila "smelled of cockroaches, with rats all over, and that there is no sewerage system, and the people do not have anything - no arms, no legs, no eyes."


"The place just fu-king smelled of cockroaches. There's no sewage system in Manila, and people have nothing there. People with, like, no arms, no legs, no eyes, no teeth. We shot in a real [psychiatric] hospital, so takes would be interrupted by wailing women -- like 'Cut! Screaming person.' Rats were everywhere."

"I had all these defenses up throughout filming, but in the last week I just started to crumble. I was on the phone to Ben at four in the morning and I saw a cockroach on the wall. Then I saw another one crawling toward me, and I just started screaming like a maniac. I was afraid to move. And Ben was like, 'Just turn on the lights.' Finally, after half an hour of discussing the situation, I went screaming into the bedroom and turned on every light and ran back panting, 'I did it, I did it.' I was so afraid. I was going to have to hotel staff turn the lights on for me, but I braved it. I didn't sleep the entire night."

After that comment, I really don't know if she was banned in the Philippines.

0 comments on "claire danes and hugh dancy engagement"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin